Position Title: Director of Operations
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Coordinates with the Sales Manager for the smooth operations of the business.
- Participate in hiring and firing of all Operations staff.
- Regularly communicates with the sales staff for details and last minute changes on events.
- Develop preventative maintenance schedules.
- Need to be able to understand and organize problems and then select a method to solve the problem.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Enforce government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Represent department at management meeting.
- Conduct department, store and safety meetings upon request.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Must be able to supervise and assist the operations crews. Must be able to train and direct activities of subordinates. Must be able to apply logical thinking to a wide range of problems, collect data, draw conclusions and offer constructive opinions concerning day to day activities. Establish atmosphere in the work place that promotes customer service and teamwork.
Most work will be indoors with general office and warehouse conditions. Some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. May possibly have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard, hence a sense of smell is required.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Must have five years management experience.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and offer constructive criticism when necessary.
Reports to: Company Owner
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.